The sensitivity of the network can be increased for properties visible at the device or at the network level, including:
- Information available from the different sensors within the UE which could lead at a better characterization of the user mobility e.g. accelerometer, movement sensors, etc.
- Signal strength measurements – enabling the understanding of the communication environment in a specific position, especially important when the communication is executed in a massive MIMO environment
- Network sensing – information from the RAN on the different environment characteristics
- Weather information and weather prediction – to understand the evolution of the communication capacity depending on physical environment characteristics
- Devices active in a specific interest area – understanding the momentary resource consumption in each area
- Compute and network resources – especially in dynamic deployed environments, it is important to understand if the resources required are available and where
With this information more sophisticated scheduling algorithms can be used, providing a more granular more accurate and less prone to side effects resource allocation.